Monday, January 23, 2012

New Work: LAST SUPPER - The Reunion??

In 1989, a commission of the Last Supper entitled LAST SUPPER 20th CENTURY was completed and sold.  Lately I have had 2 requests:  one for the purchase of the 1989 work (which the owner is not willing to sell) and an inquiry on commissioning a similar work to the 1989 painting shown below.
Last Supper 20th Century
I have started to work on the concept of what I envision to be a Reunion of sorts and to possibly give the future work the title "Last Supper The Reunion".  Since I cannot afford to pay models for this work, I have resorted to the cheap world of fashion and glamour magazines.  The initial mockups are shown
below.




Notice that the grouping includes models for Jesus and the 12 disciples and also include four women (Saint Mary, Mary Magdalene, and Lazarus' two sisters Mary of Bethany and Martha).  I will be posting the progress of the work as it progresses and, as usual, changes along the way.

Notice the three paintings in the background?  They are vintage M. G. Khoury (The Trinity Series)

Keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment